Thursday December 10, 2015
Get your home holiday-ready with these 5 simple tips from Progress Lighting
‘Tis the season for holiday entertaining! When it comes to creating an inviting and warm home, it’s the little things that make all the difference. The residential experts at Progress Lighting divulged five easy – yet impactful – changes you can make to brighten your home this holiday season. The best part? They are all updates that can be completed in a weekend.
1. Set the mood for any entertaining scenario with dimmers. Dimmers allow you to control the environment of your home in a very practical way. Create a soft, elegant mood by lowering the lights as you prepare to gather for a meal – or bump up the illumination for a bright and lively room fit for holiday games or an exciting gift exchange.
2. Create a soothing atmosphere with an extra layer of illumination. A layered lighting approach is always recommended for creating a visually appealing and inviting home environment. Add in another exquisite light layer with a display of candles.
3. Bring in a touch of elegance with shades. Crown your favorite fixtures with off-white shades for additional style and sophistication –or consider bright red accent shades for an extra dose of holiday cheer!
4. Up your home’s authenticity with natural elements. A popular design trend is to decorate your home with natural accents that bring the outdoors in. An array of greenery can have a stunning effect that freshens your interior areas.
Design Tip (on a budget): Visit your local tree farm to collect scraps of holiday greenery for a cost-effective décor element.
5. Beautify your home with a statement fixture. It’s no secret that lighting is the jewelry of the home – and a new light fixture is a sure way to redecorate your home for holiday entertaining. Whether you change out your entryway fixture to make an impression as soon as guests walk in the door or add an elegant light draped in glass accents above your dining table, lighting is an impactful way to embellish your most-loved areas.